Nuggets From Dangote, Yemi Osinbajo,Elumelu and Otudeko Stories
Aliko Dangote, President of Dangote Groups
- A change in mindset is now required than ever before to transform Africa
- For Africa to leap frog, we need to build the middle class
- Dangote started as a commodity trading company , we tried banking but not as successful as First bank (pointing to Oba Otudeko) , left banking and later focused on Industrialization.
- Some of the key pillars of Dangote Group and these are very good and classified information for entrepreneurs out there : a. Identify sweet spot ( where to play). b. Execute efficiently. c. Operate effectively
- Africa is still a land of opportunities, there are challenges but a resilient investor can overcome them.
- If we can go into Agriculture,all of us will be rich in Africa
Tony Elumelu,Founder of Tony Elumelu Foundation
- Africa should be build by Africans,not Americans,Europeans, Asians etc.
- Government facilitate jobs, the private sectors creates jobs
- What limit people’s business creativity in Africa are: a. The Operating Environment and b. The ease of transforming ideas into action which is also tied into the Operating Environment.
- It is not what we keep in our bank account that counts, it is the legacy you leave behind that matters.
Oba Otudeko,Formal Chairman of First Bank
- Entrepreneurship is a slippery road
- The empire of the future is the empire of the mind
- The future is not an inheritance, it is an opportunity and your obligation
- Have self belief in yourself. this is when you can conquer the World
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo,Vice President of Nigeria
- History of personal failure can limit one’s progress, but remember that the day we live in is more glamorous than the past
- Researches that take months to do are now a second away on google
- Dreams pursued with single-mindedness is powerful than fact
- Courage and persistence can triumph over experience
- Hope and imagination are potent than history
Only great men achieve great act and the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship forum has put in a lot of training and resources towards making the Entrepreneurship ecosystem in Africa to blossom. This is the act of doing good which stem from Africapitalism , a philosophy from Tony Elumelu.
Thank you for reading